Motorola’s first handset in its latest Moto Z lineup was named as the Moto Z. The Moto Z lineup was announced as the premium lineup as the company dropped the Moto X series. As far as the Moto Z is concerned, the device was worthy of being a flagship device from Motorola. It was launched as the slimmest smartphone in the world at that time.
The device was launched with the latest version of Android available at that time. This was Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow announced a few years back. However, the smartphone has not been receiving any official updates from the company now. Therefore, the smartphone is still running Android Nougat which was released in 2016.
Therefore, we have now realized that the Moto Z users around the world would be eager to update their devices to Android 8.1 Oreo. Thus, we have attached the full installation guide below to install the latest version of Android for your Moto Z. Note that this is not an official ROM and it is based on Custom ROM so make sure to update your smartphone only if you know what you are getting into.
- Before beginning with the process, it is very important to take an entire backup of your smartphone before installation of any Custom ROM. Thus, we would suggest you to do the same as well.
- Also, it is necessary that you charge your device to at least 50% or more so that there are no problems during the installation process.
- Apart from that, it is mandatory that your device is unlocked and you should have custom recovery installed. We recommend TWRP recovery to be installed on your device.
Steps to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto Z
- Make sure to follow each and every step mentioned in the Prerequisites section properly as they are necessary to be followed.
- Now that you have completed all the Prerequisites steps, head over to the below step.
- Go to the Downloads section above and download both the files attached above on your PC or smartphone.
- If you have downloaded this files on your PC, transfer them to your smartphone’s internal storage via a USB Cable.
- Once the files are transferred, you have to boot your smartphone into TWRP recovery.
- To enter TWRP recovery, switch off your phone and press Power + Volume Down button for few seconds.
- Inside recovery, go to Install section and select the downloaded files one by one and flash them to your device.
- Once the flashing is done, you have to select the Reboot to System option inside recovery.
- Once your phone has rebooted to system, you should have your Moto Z running Android 8.1 Oreo.
Note that you should not have any problems in installation if you follow the steps properly. Thus, take care to read the steps and follow them carefully. This will ensure that your Moto Z will have Android 8.1 Oreo running with ease.